Dental Crowns & Bridges
What are Dental Crowns?
Custom-designed dental crowns are used to restore a tooth to its original appearance and function. They provide a restorative solution to severely damaged or decayed teeth, dental implants, and root canals. Crowns may also be a permanent foundation for holding bridges and dentures in place.
Dental crowns are permanently placed over the entire damaged tooth’s structure, which replicates the original tooth’s shape, strength, and aesthetics. In addition, crowns can be placed on top of implants to provide functional shape and structure. With proper care, you can expect a crown to last a lifetime.
Dental Crown Application & Technology
Here’s what you can expect during the crown-making process:
- We reduce the size of damaged tooth/teeth to allow room for the crown to fit
- We take an impression of the tooth/teeth to create a mold for the crown
- Using our state of the art CEREC SpeedFire machine, we’ll create Zirconia Crowns for you during your appointment!
- Once ready, we permanently affix your brand-new, custom crowns, and you’ll be on your way with a bright smile again!
The CEREC SpeedFire machine has turned what was once a two-week process into a two-hour appointment! This revolutionary technology allows for crowns to be completed chair-side, a convenient and economical solution to a process that use to require multiple visits.
What are Dental Bridges?
Custom-designed dental bridges are similar to crowns; however, they’re used to fill gaps in one or more missing teeth. They provide a permanent solution for those who wish to restore their smile to its original luster.
When a person has missing teeth, the remaining teeth could shift to make up for the gaps. In addition to being a restorative solution, dental bridges help prevent this shift, or dental occlusion from happening.
Dental Bridge Application & Technology
Here’s what you can expect during the bridge-making process:
- We match the bridge appliance to the color of your existing teeth
- Dental bridges function similarly to 3 or 4 crowns affixed side by side
- We permanently affix the bridge to adjacent tooth structures
Your custom bridges will give you a more natural feel and function, so you can get back to your usual routine of eating and cleaning your teeth.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Set up a consultation and we’ll help determine the best path for you—whether it’s crowns or bridges!Schedule an Appointment