Murray Hill is at the forefront of dental technology and as such, we’re excited to have the Sirona ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D Cone Beam as a part of our office! This new equipment helps us treat our patients more efficiently in a number of ways.
What is the ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D?
The ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D Cone Beam is a hybrid imaging unit, which combines the advantages of 2D and 3D technology together.
Many dental clinics now employ the use of digital x-rays, making 3D imaging much more efficient than it used to be. And with the ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D, it’s even more efficient. This machine allows dentists to take an even more in-depth look into your teeth, gums, jaw, and surrounding areas.
With this advantage, dentists can predict and diagnose issues earlier, making your treatment more effective. They also have the benefit of communicating with you using high definition and interactive images of your mouth, making understanding what’s going on much easier for you.
What are the Benefits of the ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D?
This technology aids a variety of our procedures, including dental implants, root canal therapy, and sleep apnea treatment, amongst others. The ORTHOPHOS® XG 3D Cone Beam improves your dental experience by providing the following:
- Increased Diagnostics – spanning endodontic procedures, orthodontics, and implant treatment
- High-Definition Images – dentists now have the ability to predict abscesses before they form in root canal situations, can see if your airway is restricted, and can inspect more than just your teeth (including bone structure, jaw, etc.) with high quality, high contrast images
- Ease of Operation – the machine has precise positioning, accommodating every patient’s individual needs, is comfortable, and is handicapped accessible
- Speed of Operation – it scans in as little as 14 seconds, making your x-ray experience much shorter and more enjoyable
- Customizable Settings – the machine allows your dentist to adjust to your unique jaw shape, which helps with comfort and quality of imaging results
If you have any questions about 3D imaging and digital x-rays, we’re happy to answer your questions! For further information on the topic, see our blog post Everything You Need to Know About 3D Dental X-Ray Technology.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Appointments are available to fit your schedule. We welcome new patients!